I suggest to all of installing USWSUSP
> Link to Precise i386 version: http://goo.gl/QblSm

and of use it as substitute of pm-hibernate modifying file
/etc/acpi/hibernate.sh as indicated in attachment

Naturally this not solve the issue when battery reach critical level!!!

** Attachment added: "hibernate.sh"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-power-manager/+bug/962157/+attachment/3015162/+files/hibernate.sh

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-power-manager in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 12.04 fails hibernate/suspend action at battery critical level

Status in “gnome-power-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  > In my laptop Sony VPCEB4C4E i have activated hibernation function,
  following this procedure

  http://askubuntu.com/questions/94754/how-to-modify-policykit-to-allow-
  hibernation-in-upower

  > Swap partition is correctly configured to work with hibernation

  but when the battery reach the critical level, the system goes to hard
  power off, (not good for laptop health).

  This issue happen also when i choose suspend action!

  ITALIAN REPLIES ARE WELCOME

  Package: gnome-power-manager 3.3.3-0ubuntu1 [modified:
usr/bin/gnome-power-statistics]
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-19.31-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 1.94.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: i386