Of course, a few moments after I hit send I find Michael posted to
autopackage-dev but I didn't spot it <sigh> :) I used to be on
lsb-discuss but no longer, as the LSB folks didn't seem interested in
the autopackage approach. Maybe the times are changing? Best to move
this discussion to autopackage-dev I think.