Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
Sorry for this, but I just wanted to make sure that this would work o.k.
(as it would not be complicated at all, which I mistakingly inferred
from a comment in this thread).

No need to be sorry. ;) The vague warning I had given earlier was just because (esp. on Unix) packages of third party libraries (where one library calls another from the same package) are sometimes written so poorly that they do not work out of the box, but rather require external help like setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

-Stephan