On 01/26/2011 01:53 PM, Zbigniew Szot wrote:
Thank you for taking interest in my problem.

TextViewCursor/Position is "Controller based" solution.
I would like to stick to "model based" one.

But you brought me an idea, which now seems obvious.
I can query  XText about supported services.
This will give me answer to the question if it is nested.
It's not direct answer, but it's good enough ( I hope).
Please share any solutions that you find. I see, for example, that if I take a text object from a cell, that this supports cell properties and provides the cell name, but, it does not provide a link to the containing text table. If I create a text cursor from a text object, however, that provides access to the TextTable property.

From the text table, you can grab the anchor. My testing stopped there when I managed to crash OOo.

Off hand, I expect that you should be able to walk backwards until you finally found the text object for the document. I suppose that it should be mostly obvious how to check for an intersecting text object as it were (as in, where in the tree do they meet).

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php