There is a case that the following can not use. In my case if I update git to new one, git could not come across a http proxy on my network.

>sudo add-apt-repository ppa:git-core/ppa
>sudo apt-get update
>sudo apt-get install git

Then I use other workaroud, change "$REPO sync" to "$REPO sync -j1" in "config.sh".

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-building/bQ1eDO8LK64

Sotaro