On 2/8/2013 3:14 AM, John O'Duinn wrote:
hi;

In preparation for the v1.0.1 drop on Friday 15feb, we're turning the
v1.0.1 branch mechanics live early on Wednesday 13feb. This means that
if you are landing any v1.0.1 changes *after* the branch point on
Wednesday 13th, you will need to also land your changes on:
gecko: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-b2g18_v1_0_1/
gaia: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/tree/v1.0.1

I will send followup post here when the branching is actually live.

Note:
*) No change to the handover-to-partner deadline of 15feb.
*) No change to the bugzilla tags being used to track fixes and
approvals-for-landings.

This proposal is already approved by agal, akeybl, dietrich and
partners, but if there is a reason this should not happen, or there is
something we missed, please let me know.

John.
=====
ps: Further background for the curious:

1) This allows us to verify builds+updates are successfully generated
and tested on the v1.0.1 branch in advance of the 15th deadline.
2) This allows us to have downstream partners switch to the new
v1.0.1 branch on (or maybe even before) the 15th.
3) This keeps b2g branch mechanics on separate date from the FF19
migrations and builds, which happen on the 15th. While different
personnel are involved, the FF19 and b2gv1.0.1 branching mechanics each
have a lot of moving parts, so this feels prudent.
4) This means that any late-breaking 1.0.1-specific-fixes would need to
do one additional landing on the v1.0.1 branch.

=====

Please make sure that the status-b2g18-v1.0.1 bugzilla flag is ready prior to doing this so we can track what needs to land where once the switch is made.

-Ryan