My comments in summary:

 * I'm in agreement with your approach you are suggesting in #1
 * I'd suggest getting feedback from Julien on how Gaia integrates with
   the gecko layers to restart and cancel workflows. I'd suggest
   simulating what he does there. We should aim for sanity tests here,
   as the restart case (especially with packaged apps) is actually
   quite common (many problems can happen to cause a download to fail)
 * David Chan is already focusing on app permissions, so I'd keep that
   out of scope for now
 * The next step in analysis that I think would be helpful to get is to
   take the end to end analysis you've done and apply a gecko
   perspective on it referencing the underlying APIs involved
 * We need signed privileged packaged app test cases in this list (e.g.
   install a privileged app)
 * Mostly in agreement with the theme of the priorities. My comments
   specifically would suggest that these themes are important to
   consider in comparing with your list:
     o Install/launch/uninstall hosted app
     o Install failure for hosted app with type as privileged or certified
     o Install/launch/uninstall packaged app
     o Install failure for packaged app not signed with type privileged
     o Install failure for packaged app with type certified
     o Install/launch/uninstall hosted app with appcache
     o Download failure for packaged app for running out of space
     o Download failure for hosted app with appcache for running out of
       space
     o Cancel download of hosted app with appcache
     o Cancel download of packaged app
     o Restart download of hosted app with appcache
     o Restart download of packaged app
     o Download failure for packaged app for having a bad packaged app zip
     o Download failure for hosted app with appcache for having a bad
       appcache manifest
     o Update hosted app, hosted app with appcache, packaged app
     o Fail to update hosted app, hosted app with appcache, packaged app
     o Restart update of hosted app, hosted app with appcache, packaged app
     o Install/launch/uninstall/update signed privileged packaged app
     o Other more higher level areas of analysis could focus on:
         + Webapp manifest analysis
         + Drilling at the specifics of the download API
         + Mini-manifest analysis

Sincerely,
Jason Smith

Desktop QA Engineer