I have that set, mine does remember the connection and rejoin it but if you unplug and plug back in quickly it often does not re-register (which is similar to what's going on when you flash and it reboots into fast mode). It's also very sensitive to which USB port you use - if I connect to a different port it won't auto-connect to the VM. I am on Windows so who knows what driver craziness is going on between the host, vmware and the guest.

Jedp, no I didn't consider to raise it with VMWare. I just found ways to work around it.

Zac