On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:14:17 PM UTC-7, Bob Thulfram wrote:
> I've been building the apps at the Firefox Marketplace Developer Doc
> Reference Apps
> (https://marketplace.firefox.com/developers/docs/reference_apps) but I'm
> wondering if there are any simpler apps I can build and add on to. Something
> only slightly more complicated but one I can build with no errors.
>

> As is, Chrono seems to be broken and Webfighter works fine (but is pretty
> complex). Are there any step by step tutorials that start small and build up
> to something medium? I have written a lot of HTML5 apps, but I'm still
> unclear what I need to add and what I don't. Thanks!

The "simple" app is exactly what I was looking for. In fact, I was thinking
that would be a good example, where you click on something and a message is
displayed!

I get some errors that don't seem to be in your app. Is there a way to fix
these in a simple way? Any help from anyone in fixing these errors and warnings
so I can build clean would be very, very appreciated. I don't need bluetooth or
wifi for a long time. I just want to adapt some simple html5 games.

Errors below:

Error: TypeError: bluetooth is undefined
Source File: app://system.gaiamobile.org/js/bluetooth.js
Line: 36

Error: TypeError: wifiManager is undefined
Source File: app://system.gaiamobile.org/js/wifi.js
Line: 53

Content JS WARN at app://system.gaiamobile.org/shared/js/l10n.js:52 in
consoleWarn: [l10n] #shortTimeFormat is undefined.

Content JS WARN at app://system.gaiamobile.org/shared/js/l10n.js:52 in
consoleWarn: [l10n] #longDateFormat is undefined.

Content JS WARN at app://system.gaiamobile.org/shared/js/l10n.js:52 in
consoleWarn: [l10n] #weekday-3-long is undefined.

Content JS WARN at app://system.gaiamobile.org/shared/js/l10n.js:52 in
consoleWarn: [l10n] #month-5-long is undefined.

Content JS ERROR at app://homescreen.gaiamobile.org/js/page.js:173 in
saveIcon_readyStateChange: Got HTTP status 404 when trying to load icon
"http://localhost:8080/favicon.ico";, falling back to cached icon.

Warning: Unknown property '-moz-align-self'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File: resource://gre-resources/ua.css
Line: 44

In addition, when I build, this error is on the Dashboard:

    Warnings: app submission to the Marketplace needs at least an 128 icon