On 2013/07/31 02:06, Henry Hoggard wrote:
I would like to have a look at what the file system looks like and where
everything is stored, I assumed it would be the same as the Android emulator as
you can view it on there.
The B2G /emulator/ is similar to the Android emulator in that regard, but the /Simulator/ (and B2G Desktop) is a desktop application that uses your desktop filesystem to store and retrieve files. So the Gallery app shows the images in the default images folder on your system (f.e. ~/Pictures on Mac), while the Music app shows the music in the default music folder (f.e. ~/Music on Mac).

Thus the Simulator is not a good way to learn how the filesystem is arranged on a device. But the Simulator does use the same kind of user data directory (called a "Gaia profile", and similar to a Firefox profile) as a device, so you can use it to learn how that directory is arranged.

To do so, first locate your Firefox profile:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data#w_how-do-i-find-my-profile

Then navigate to the extensions/r2d2...@mozilla.org/profile subdirectory. That's the Gaia profile for the Simulator, which will be similar to the Gaia profile on a device.

-myk