From: "Andreas Gal" <andreas....@gmail.com>
To: "Sotaro Ikeda" <sik...@mozilla.com>
Cc: dev-b2g@lists.mozilla.org
Sent: Thursday, August 1, 2013 7:50:56 PM
Subject: Re: [b2g] Youtube Live Support on B2G

HLS is just a bunch of MPEG2TS fragments at different bitrates and a
manifest file. It should be pretty easy to parse the manifest and async
xmlhttprequest the chunks and feed them into MediaSource (MSE). We could
add this to the video player app if this is really needed by anyone. I
am not sure we are currently parsing MPEG2TS in FFOS. We can either
enable that in the libstagefright glue, or parsing TS in JS and feed the
separated H.264 video and audio tracks into MediaSource.

Andreas