I also have a bricked ZTE Open, yes one of the early ones without the later
fastboot update. Mine is neither accessible via fastboot nor adb anymore, only
through the "diagnostics interface". I can't get into clockworkmod recovery (it
hangs), so it requires some sort of low level flash.

Unfortunately, ZTE refuses any support (even if you would pay for the reflash!)
in this case and redirects all requests to the eBay seller who proposes to send
me a new device for 80% of the price. Sorry guys, but this is absolutely
unacceptable!

Please - if somebody knows how to do a low level flash of this phone (i have
backups of all partitions), please provide some instructions.