I am trying to flash a 1.2 build onto my ZTE Open (US eBay version) according
to the instructions on the Mozilla wiki, and it goes smoothly until the end
when it fails with this error:

Attempting to set the time on the device
time 1381424366 -> 1381424366.0
settimeofday failed Bad file number

I've tried this several times after reverting back to the image from ZTE's
website but it always fails at this spot. Fastboot seems to work properly and
the flash process gave no errors or warnings up to that point. For what it's
worth, I am building in Ubuntu 12.04 running as a Virtualbox VM.

Any help on getting this working would be much appreciated.