Yes, the changes I made allowed me to successfully build B2G v1.3. There were a few other bumps down the road - some other spots needed updates for CC and CXX vars

In the end, I was able to successfully flash it onto my ZTE Open, and so far it's working great.

Your assessment of the Xcode 5 update sounds about right to me, gcc and g++ on my machine were no longer symlinked to my llvm-* binaries as they may have been in Xcode 4.x

If the output from the build process was correct, then I won't be able to build for a simulator, but I haven't tried that.

Regards,

Christopher De Cairos
Integration Engineer - Webmaker
Mozilla Foundation

On 2013-10-12 4:12 PM, James Kruth wrote:
Some updates on what appears to be going on here:

* On Xcode 4.x, /usr/bin/gcc was a symlink, likely to llvm-gcc-4.2 (which
apparently wouldn't produce a usable emulator build - I'm not sure about inari)
* With the Xcode 5 update, the CLI tools have replaced that symlink with an
actual binary, which is clang, as opposed to gcc.

The build obviously doesn't compile with clang, and so things are broken in
their current state.  I'd be curious to know if Christopher's modifications
gave him a working inari build.

Where is the appropriate place to report a bug like this?

- James