>B2G does not use AwesomePlayer at all, but uses MediaExtractor and OMXCodec.
>AwesomePlayer is not used in B2G. If you saw AwesomePlayer in the log, it come
>from >android::CameraService. B2G do not modify android's CameraService, just
>removing the sound files. So, it try to open sound files but failed, because
>of no file.

On caf ics code, the sound files load can be stopped by setting
"persist.camera.shutter.disable". It seems a CAF specific system property. AOSP
does not have it.

https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/la/platform/frameworks/base/tree/services/camera/libcameraservice/CameraService.cpp?h=b2g_ics_1.2#n297

sotaro
>I noticed that during media playback for mp3 file, the traces were from
>SYDNEY_AUDIO and MP3 Openmax component, but in case of Camera application, I
>can see the traces from Awesome Player,  Stagefright and then Openmax
>component.

B2G does not use AwesomePlayer at all, but uses MediaExtractor and OMXCodec.
AwesomePlayer is not used in B2G. If you saw AwesomePlayer in the log, it come
from android::CameraService. B2G do not modify android's CameraService, just
removing the sound files. So, it try to open sound files but failed, because of
no file.

http://androidxref.com/4.3_r2.1/xref/frameworks/av/services/camera/libcameraservice/CameraService.cpp#737

android default sound files are removed by the following.

https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/platform_build/commit/e49a060e6177098abcdf7ce6f60cacb3d9ecec23

sotaro