Still banging away on this, here's where I'm at.

ThomasTsai, I tried cloning the git repo you mentioned, but
I get permission errors, and when I went to your bitbucket.org
I couldnt find the specified repo.  Has it gone away, or is my
git-fu lacking?

What I did instead was run ./config.sh nexus-4 to build for JB.
Config runs, ./build.sh runs to completion as well.  However when I
try to ./flash.sh the image to my gs2, the script never progresses past
<waiting for device>.  The phone switches to download mode, then
then everything just stops.

I looked at the ./flash.sh script, is heimdall only envoked if the
.config.sh environment specifies the Galaxy S2?  Do I need to call
heimdall manually and flash all the bits separately?  Do I need to
edit flash.sh?  Is there something I'm overlooking?

I've added all the udev rules, adb sees the phone, heimdall and fastboot
do too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-Gordon