On Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:27:14 AM UTC-7, Ben Kelly wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>

> This looks like an awesome blog!  Would you be interested in having it
>
> show up on planet firefox os?
>

>    http://planet.firefox.com/os/
>

> I think Dietrich (CC'd) can help set you up there if you're interested.
>

> Thanks!
>

> Ben
>

> On 10/30/2013 07:43 PM, Bob Thulfram wrote:
>
> > I've started a blog (with 19 posts so far, averaging about one post a
>
> > day)! My blog will cover two vaguely related subjects:
>

> > 1. Game reviews on games written for Firefox OS that are in the
>
> > Marketplace. I test these games on my ZTE Open phone and write about
>
> > them. I like games and always have and games are starting to appear
>
> > in the Marketplace. If you're looking for a good game, try here. Feel
>
> > free to suggest a game for me to review, even if it's a game you
>
> > wrote!
>

> > 2. Game programming articles aimed at writing games for Firefox OS
>
> > for phones. HTML5, of course! I have been doing web programming a
>
> > long time for fun, but now am retired and doing it full blast. I'm
>
> > taking it slow and testing everything on my ZTE Open, which seems
>
> > like a good test bench since it is probably going to be the lowest
>
> > common hardware for Firefox OS.
>

> > Why am I doing this? Well, I have tried almost every other platform
>
> > and the development tools are irritating. I'm a life-long engineer,
>
> > now retired, and the best tools are right here with Firefox OS. Get
>
> > the browser, install the plugin, test it in the simulator, hook up a
>
> > cable to your phone, and bang, Bob's your uncle, and you have a
>
> > working app. And the best
>

> > Right now I'm doing a series testing out how to have a bouncing ball
>
> > using HTML5/JavaScript/CSS only, Canvas with drawing commands and
>
> > bitmaps, and next week, SVG using three different aspects (as it says
>
> > in Zelda, "It's a secret to everyone"). But I'd like to slowly
>
> > develop some games in HTML5 over time and invite people to come along
>
> > to learn (or laugh), and mix it in with game reviews. After all,
>
> > games are a way of life! (Or is that, games are just a goddamned
>
> > hobby?)
>

> > So drop by at http://firefoxosgaming.blogspot.com/ and feel free to
>
> > read, comment, or just play more games. But the focus is 100% on
>
> > Firefox OS on the phone and 100% on games in the Firefox OS
>
> > Marketplace (for phones). I'm also on Google+
>
> > (google.com/+BobThulfram), Twitter (@thulfram), and Facebook
>
> > (facebook.com/thulfram). But I'm actually most active on my blog!

Ben, I don't know what that means to have my blog show up on
http://planet.firefox.com/os. I'm happy with using Blogger (I've been using it
for years, it is lame, but I understand it.) Please illuminate!

I'm happy with the blog. I'm averaging 5 or 6 posts a week, alternating between
Firefox OS game reviews and articles on game programming with
HTML5/CSS/JavaScript/SVG. I'm avoiding JavaScript libraries and testing
everything I write in my ZTE Open.