Tim, Do you know that in the early days of gaia, gaia was using
mochitest-browser-chrome tests?
There is still some relic of the past over here:
  https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/tree/master/tests
And even a make target to run them, that requires a local b2g desktop build:
  https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/blob/master/Makefile#L710-L715
But it is being broken now.

Jonathan, Would it be hard to run mochitest-browser-chrome tests for b2g
desktop on TBPL, exactly like firefox, but just with a different set of
test files? We could take care of ensuring that "./mach mochitest-browser"
and "make -C objdir mochitest-browser-chrome" works again on b2g desktop.