On 06/11/2013 17:53, Bob Thulfram wrote:
I've been developing with the original ZTE Open and learning its quirks. But
I'm still not sure it is safe to upgrade to FFOS 1.2 or 1.3 (I'm at 1.0). I've
heard of people bricking their ZTE Open.

Anyone had any good experiences upgrading the ZTE Open?

v1.2 is still being stabilized but still has some important quirks and 1.3 is the current master so pretty bleeding edge, I wouldn't recommend it for day-to-day use or development.

v1.1 (v1-train branch) on the other hand is rock solid for me; it should provide a much better experience than v1.0.1. As usual however if you're flashing your own build you can always hit some issue so keep a backup of your partitions in order to be able to restore it to the ZTE-provided firmware

 Gabriele