On 20/11/2013 21:20, Fabrice Desré wrote:
About b2g vs b2g-bin. If you did your own build, forget about b2g-bin.
If you downloaded a prebuilt b2g, they come with gaia bundled and b2g is
a wrapper around b2g-bin to use the bundled gaia.

It sounds like the documentation may be a little confused then. Should it be saying "use b2g-bin without -profile if you downloaded a bundle and want to use the bundled gaia, otherwise (if you created your own b2g build or downloaded a bundle but want to use a separate gaia) use b2g with -profile"?

That being said, I still have no idea what's failing on your side :(

Here I can start with gaia-master and b2g-inbound, with a profile built
by a simple |make profile| in gaia.

That creates a profile for me, as does |DEBUG=1 make| as recommended in the documentation. However, if I use DEBUG=1 and also specify the 'profile' target I get:

  $ DEBUG=1 make profile
  make: *** No rule to make target `profile'.  Stop.

Bit sucky.

I'm currently doing a clobber build in my gecko tree without my extra patches applied, and with the line disabling the crash reporter commented out in my ..mozconfig. I'll report back regarding success/failure.

Jonathan