On 28/11/2013 23:23, an wrote:
This is all very encouraging while I expect a zte open any day now but I'm sure
I'm not the only masochist :)

I know I'm repeating myself but still: for everybody buying a ZTE Open from eBay, first thing you do check the firmware version under Settings > Device Information > Software. If you've got a version that ends in B01 *DO NOT INSTALL ANY OVER THE AIR UPDATES*. Follow the instructions here instead to update to the B02 image via an SD-card:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Developer_phone_guide/ZTE_OPEN#Revision_01

I bought a ZTE Open myself last week from the UK eBay store and it was still a B01 version so tread carefully even with newer phones. Once you're on B02 you should be safe and sound and flashing your self-built images should work fine.

 Gabriele