Hi Paul,

As I know that we didn't have Web API for this purpose now but just had some
similar but not accurate ones.

Ex:
  1. USB Mass Storage. (Need to get result by enabling it)
  2. Battery Charging. (Not sure that charging is came from PC or Wall Charger)
                                        (Once device's loaded current is bigger
then charging current, it becomes not thing)

Also we are collecting the use case for proposing the new Web API for detecting
such kind of things.
What we got are

  1. As a user, I want to choose the preferred USB functionality when USB is
plugged in. (ex: Mass Storage / MTP / Charging Only)
  2. As a user, I want to get a pop up message for notifying PC didn't provide
USB tethering function.
  3. As a user, I want to know charger is connected or not no matter charging
current can be enough for device's loaded current or not.

May I know your use case?

Thanks,
Sincerely yours.