Hi all:

We are going to implement an awesome feature called "Miracast" on B2G,
which is
already the native AOSP feature since 4.2. Generally speaking, Miracast can
project/mirror
one screen (e.g. our cell phone) to another (e.g. TV).

You can find a cool demo and a brief introduction in the following link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA3Opudj4VU&noredirect=1

Miracast, or "Wifi Display", is based on two important technologies: Wifi
Direct
and RTSP. With "Wifi Direct", two devices can connect to each other without
an AP;
RTSP is the protocol used to stream out the frames shown on our screen.

We've already created a meta bug 925615 to keep track of the development,
which contains
several sub-tasks, such as

Bug 811635 - B2G Wifi: Support Wifi Direct
Bug 945569 - Support Wifi Display device discovery and group formation
Bug 946110 - [B2G][WFD] Porting libstagefright_wfd to Necko
Bug 947063 - Secreview: Support Wifi Display
Bug 949901 - [B2G][WFD] Implementing WifiDisplayManager and its DOM counter
part

and the proposed design diagram:

https://bug925615.bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=8347062

The biggest design decision we haven't made is what process RTSP server
should reside. Does anyone have any suggestion on this as well as the
overall design?

Thanks :)

Many Thanks,
Vincent Chang,