Hi,

Would it be possible to have Firefox OS running in one VT, then
switch over to another VT and run a framebuffer console?

On my ThinkPad I run Debian with a framebuffer console, using tmux
as a textmode "window manager" along with various CLI and ncurses
applications like zsh, Vim, vifm, Mutt, ELinks, MPlayer, MPD, ncmpcpp,
MOC, etc. Mostly what I use the X Window System for is to run a
lightweight window manager containing a full-screen instance of
Firefox. This works out quite well for most of my needs (except when
using SolidWorks, which requires MSwin anyways...), and makes for a
nice system capable of running on limited resources.

I'd like to replicate this setup on a low-power, low-cost, lightweight
ARM machine. Being able to switch between a capable multiplexed text
console and a graphical web-browser in this way could IMO make for a
nice, inexpensive development machine. Something like a One Laptop Per
Child for coders and power users.

I haven't played around with Firefox OS outside of an emulator, so I
don't know if this makes sense or what's possible...any suggestions or
clues much appreciated!

Regards,

John

--