On 12/18/13, 3:02 PM, Benjamin Smedberg wrote:
Does anyone recognize this error or how I would go about debugging the
build? I'm not sure from the output here which makefile was being
executed, and they all seem to hide the compile and link commands so
there's not a clear record in the first place.

--BDS

Yeah, the monolithic builds sucks when you hit errors early, and on a Mac this is likely.

This looks like the part of the build where it is building the Android tools that will run on the mac itself. (the output is to 'out/host/') These are things like 'adb' and 'fastboot' used to talk over usb to a device. These are not really needed for device builds and I suspect not for emulator builds. (It also looks like there is a lot of Eclipse being copied or built, probably for some other tool.)

You may be able to blow past them by ignoring compiler errors. (Yes, this is terrible.) You can pass the '-i' flag to make, I think you can just add that to './build.sh -i' and it will get passed to make. Of course, errors later on will be ignored too. :-( It looks like make has some more subtle ways of moving past errors but I have not explored the various make flags.

If you hit errors when it is outputing to 'out/target' then those will potentially affect your build.

good luck,
  ~adrian