Hey all,

Does Firefox OS provide any way to uniquely identify a device?
Is this possible both at the UNIX level ('adb shell') and from within app code (with suitable permission)?

The Android community has been tackling this need for a long time and has developed multiple approaches though, in modern versions, the OS provides a way for user code (Java) to obtain a unique id per device. See * http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2011/03/identifying-app-installations.html
  * http://www.pocketmagic.net/2011/02/android-unique-device-id/
  * http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13744565/android-device-id-confusion
for discussion of the issues and various solutions.

So far I am poking around in /proc and /sys land from 'adb shell' but have not yet found anything canonical. There is
  cat /sys/devices/virtual/android_usb/android0/iSerial   (MSM7627A)
  cat /sys/devices/virtual/android_usb/android0/idProduct (9025)
  cat /sys/devices/virtual/android_usb/android0/idVendor  (05c6)
but I am not sure how 'unique' the iSerial number is. (Note that the idVendor is probably, in general, related to the list on the page:
  http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html
or on the more complete page:
  http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids
though I am working only from my own device.

I have not yet found a way to extract the IMEI (GSM telephony), let alone found a way to identify future CDMA devices (ESN/MEID) or devices without any telephony.

Thanks for any help,
  ~adrian