On 14/01/14 03:16, Karl Dubost wrote:
> When accessing Web sites, sometimes Firefox OS is identified as a
> basic feature phone and is being sent to the WAP site. (below an
> example of that)
>
> On Firefox OS, * the user gets a blank page. That's not very helpful.
> There should be a better way to inform the user that there is an
> issue.

If Firefox gets a content type it doesn't recognise, surely the default
behaviour should be to download it? Why don't we do that? Is it because
it's XML? If so, why doesn't the user at least see the XML document tree?

Perhaps the right solution is like what we do for RSS and Atom feeds - a
simple rendering (how hard could it be to have a stylesheet for WAP
which at least showed the text?) with a bar at the top which suggests
other ways of better viewing the content, and/or filing a bug, and/or
complaining to the site?

* the developer should receive a message in the console saying
> that the format text/vnd.wap.wml sent by the server is incompatible
> with Firefox on Firefox OS.

That too.

> Should I open a bug?

Yes :-)