On 01/14/2014 08:11 PM, Andrew Halberstadt wrote:
In bug 959493 [2] we are discussing flagging these types of errors as
failures in TBPL. This proposal would mean that any checkin (in either gaia
or gecko) causing such an exception would be backed out. There are a few
questions I'd like to ask you:

1) Is this a good idea?
2) Should we only look at startup failures or for example all failures
throughout an entire mochitest run?
3) If a test run modifies the profile, does that disqualify it from having
the check turned on?

I think this is an extremely good idea to refuse all of these as error in the tree and to backout if they appear on TBPL. As we do with assertions in Gecko.

An error is the minimal requirement for fuzzing, so far I have seen orangutan fuzzing Gecko with Gaia applications. By considering these errors as critical, this give the ability to fuzzers to fuzz Gaia applications (bad application state), which in the end improves the quality of applications.

--
Nicolas B. Pierron