Il giorno martedì 11 febbraio 2014 01:18:57 UTC+11, Techno Buddha ha scritto:
> I suspect that kernel v6 is different than v5, in that the hidden partition
> is all upper case in v6? I have provided a print-pit for you to see, as well
> as a picture of the version in recovery mode. This is why i'm trying to get
> back to version 5 of Siyah, and clearly why when I flashed to HIDDEN, it
> didn't work! Thank you for confirming my suspicions.

Actually that should be case insensitive, or lowercase anyway.

> Moving forward, I'm still trying to figure out how I can downgrade to v5 so I
> can flash the 2nd rom. If you have any other advice with regards to dual
> booting with the SGS2, let me know. thanks soooo much!

I can try to help you, but first of all let me ask you some questions: which
version on Android have you installed now on your SGS2? From which OS are you
trying to update the system? Which commands do you type exactly to do so? Which
command do you type to try to flash siyah v.5 kernel? From which user?

Iacopo