And we're open again. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

-Ryan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Morley" <emor...@mozilla.com>
To: dev-g...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-b2g@lists.mozilla.org
Cc: "Sheriffs" <sheri...@mozilla.org>, "Releng" <rele...@mozilla.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 11:28:42 AM
Subject: [Sheriffs] gaia closed for commits (commit access revoked) due to
bug 985864

Hi all

git.mozilla.org's load is too high again, so much so that vcs-sync is
not able to keep up with syncing the Github repo commits to git.mozilla.org

As such, I've had to close gaia (by revoking commit access to !owners) &
kindly request that people in the owners group also not push to gaia for
the time being, to let vcs-sync catch up.

Side note: the inability to specify our own git hooks on Github is
extremely frustrating, since it means the sheriffs have to spam you all
with these messages & cannot block commits from people in the owners
group - which would not be the case if we were able to use
treestatus.mozilla.org like all the other Mozilla hosted repos. Sadly
without making git.mozilla.org the canonical repo over Github, or Github
allowing custom git hooks, we don't have much other choice.

Best wishes,

Ed