From: dev-b2g
[mailto:dev-b2g-bounces+olof.wickstrom=sonymobile....@lists.mozilla.org] On
Behalf Of Frederik Braun
Sent: den 6 maj 2014 09:46
To: dev-b2g@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: [b2g] Web API's to access the WiFi state of the device or change
the WiFi state (en/disable it)

On 05.05.2014 22:09, logos wrote:

> To sum up, it remember where you usually connect to Wi-Fi throug

> operator network cell identifiers, and when you are there it turns it

> on, and where you go to other places it turns it off automatically.

> In a low profile smartphones OS like FFO, this would help to save a

> lot of battery.

Would you be willing to invest some time to see if this is viable as a patch to
Firefox OS? I guess it would live either in the system or the settings app.
<https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/tree/master/apps>

I can't promise this patch is going to be taken (who can?), so I propose you
come up with a small proof of concept just to see how far you can take it.

If you need help for navigating the code and finding your way, feel free to ask
in #gaia, #b2g on irc.mozilla.org!