On Monday, May 19, 2014 3:29:54 AM UTC-5, Frederik Braun wrote:

> Disclaimer: You might void your warranty and you're on your own. But I
>
> want to tell you what's also technically feasible: If the bootloader is
>
> unlocked you can root it through fastboot.
>

> If you find a working kernel image (You might find them on
>
> unlocker/developer forums for similar devices, e.g. look for other ZTE
>
> devices with a JellyBean system underneath). You can then go to fastboot
>
> and boot this kernel image via usb ("fastboot boot <image>"). If you
>
> happen to also find a suitable "su" binary, you can copy it to your
>
> phone and reboot back into the normal system. Executing su might give
>
> you root now :)

Hey, thanks for the help! I'll give that a try later tonight.

I have just one more question I forgot to ask when I made this thread a few
days ago. It is: How come whenever I put a t-mobile sim card into the phone it
gets a signal (2g EDGE only though,) but whenever I put an at&t sim in, I get a
red X over the signal bars. I have tried this with two different at&t sim cards
(one through Straight Talk, and the other through at&t) and both give me the
red X. Neither of the at&t cards are activated, but they should still be able
to detect the network.

One other thing I should mention is that when I spoke with at&t and gave them
my IMEI # for the phone, they said it was a 2g only device. This is confusing
to me as on the back of the phone it shows "UMTS 850/900/1800/1900MHz." Does
that not mean it should 3g capable? Also, the ebay store I got it from said it
was 3g. Do you think it could be a problem with the radio?