Hi. Thanks for the detailed explanation which led me to perform a few tests
with another device with Bluetooth.

It would appear to be an adapter specific problem on my laptop, which is
unfortunate as this is the second usb bluetooth adapter I have bought and
it appears to be problematic.

I have another phone with Bluetooth that successfully paired with the
device and was able to transfer files to the ZTE Open C. It appears I will
have to do some more research on more reliable BT adapters or file a bug
report with Ubuntu.

*--Bitmessage <http://bitmessage.org/> me*
*BM-2D97QV3Y4VRfjayrWahqE61XKuQw6dJvj6*