Hello,

I am trying to run tor on my ffos tablet following this well written blog post[1]. While it is still a proof-of-concept, It is something I would like to have on my personal device.

While getting the tor binary to work was fairly easy, I can't seem to get past the iptables part which is essential for the entire experiment to work.

To give you a fair idea of the setup , I have pasted the contents of my torrc file and the iptables command:

*torrc *

|DataDirectory /data/local/tor
Log notice file /data/local/tor/tor.log
RunAsDaemon 1
SOCKSPort 127.0.0.1:9050 IsolateDestAddr
SOCKSPort 127.0.0.1:9063
VirtualAddrNetwork 10.192.0.0/10
AutomapHostsOnResolve 1
TransPort 9040
DNSPort 9053|

*Starting Tor*

|$ adb shell
# cd /data/local/tor
# ./tor -f torrc &
# iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT ! -o lo -p udp --dport 53 -j REDIRECT --to-ports
9053
# iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT ! -o lo -p tcp -j REDIRECT --to-ports 9040|

Last and the most important , the errror; After I run the iptables commands I see these errors:

protoent* getprotobyname(char const*)(3) is not implemented on Android
protoent* getprotobyname(char const*)(3) is not implemented on Android

Obviously, I can't access the INTERNET after this. I would really appreciate your inputs on this.

Thank you for your time!

Abhiram Chintangal

[1]: http://bluishcoder.co.nz/2014/06/12/using-tor-with-firefox-os.html