+sicking, +jst, +paul

So over the last few weeks I have had various discussions with people about
"logging" (there are metrics and log like data and bunch of random stuff
across gecko/gonk/gaia that fit other names too) we really badly need sane
logging data that is reachable by some single source. This is needed for a
couple of critical things:

 - debugging
 - tests
 - logs on other peoples phones [dogfooding builds] (another form of
debugging but you don't have the device.)

 We not only need a place to input data (in a wide reaching way) but also
nice apis for extracting that data (automation, periodic server side dumps,
crazy random new things).

Our current situation is pretty awful (I can list the reasons but those
involved likely know what I am talking about) and we need to unify efforts
to build something better... I spoke with jst about this recently and we
are trying to find the right person to fix this. If you feel super
excited/angry about logging get in touch with one/any/all of us so we can
mentor/bribe/help you through this.

- james