On 8/24/14, 4:42 AM, Vivek Joshi wrote:
Hello All,
I would like to contribute to B2G project.

I know C, C++, and a bit of Java and python.

I have worked for a few years as a web developer and have spent about a
decade of my time in telecom applications, call control and media
control features.

I have also written specifications for a custom debugger for
multithreaded programs, done a lot of performance profiling and tuning
for multithreaded applications.

Can anyone suggest what area would be a good one to pickup in this project?

Thanks.
Viv.

Welcome to Mozilla, Viv!

You may want to start by getting set up to build Firefox OS. That (and much more) ocumentation lives at https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS

The "mentored bugs" list that kats offered in the earlier reply is a great starting place for picking up bugs that have helpers waiting to assist you in contributing your first patches.

You can find out more about Firefox OS planning and development at the Mozilla wiki https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Roadmap

Good luck! and please reach out to me directly if I can be of any help.

- A