Hi folks,

Just a heads-up that bug 994190 has landed on mozilla-inbound and will soon be
making its way to mozilla-central.

The actual IndexedDB API hasn't changed, and all the tests are green, so
everything should just continue to work. The big win here is that we no longer
have to bounce every IndexedDB request through the main thread of the parent
process, which should improve IndexedDB latency. This is also one of the last
big changes needed to get IndexedDB on Workers.

However, this is a substantial rework of the IndexedDB and Blob backend code,
so be on the lookout for any new crashes or incorrect behavior in either of
those areas.

Also, this change means that IndexedDB messages can now preempt other main
thread messages. Before this patch, for example, if your code sent a message
through the message manager and then did something with IndexedDB you could
count on the message manager message being processed before the IndexedDB
message. That is no longer true. Now the order will depend entirely on how the
kernel schedules the database threads, so we may find races in Gaia that were
previously relying on that implicit message order.

Feel free to ping me if you have questions. Any bugs should of course get filed
in Core :: DOM: IndexedDB.

Happy weekend,
-bent