On Wednesday, October 8, 2014 2:19:06 AM UTC-7, Gabriele Svelto wrote:
> On 08/10/2014 01:17, Bob Thulfram wrote:
>
> > I have three Firefox OS phones:
>

> > 1. The original ZTE phone (little and orange)
>
> > 2. The Geeksphone Peak (not so little and white)
>
> > 3. The ZTE Open C (black and nasty)
>

> > Which phone will I have the least amount of trouble upgrading to the
>
> > LATEST Firefox OS version?
>

> I would say that the Peak is your best shot. Just download the
>
> appropriate image from Geeksphone page and you're done:
>

> http://downloads.geeksphone.com/
>

> The ZTE Open is probably the least upgradeable but you can find some
>
> custom ROMs for it here (though I don't know if they work and how well
>
> they do):
>

> http://vegnuxmod.wordpress.com/inari-zte-open/
>

> Finally the ZTE Open C should work well with the latest versions but you
>
> have to roll your own build at this stage and that's a fairly long process.
>

>  Gabriele

Wow, this is really, really helpful. I think I'll go with the Geeksphone Peak
and get that up to speed.

The Peak doesn't seem to like my USA SIM cards and won't make calls, but who
makes phone calls these days? :-)

The original orange ZTE Open makes a great phone and I use it for phone calls!
The ZTE Open C makes calls too, but I'm still not happy that it doesn't seem to
function with DeviceOrientation.

What about the tablet? Is that upgradeable easily? I've got one but I've been
traveling and just unpacking after being away a few months.

Again, thanks for the super perfect answer!