On 12/30/14, 9:47 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
A slightly more complex scenario is if I turn on wifi, but for some
reason wifi fails to turn on, do I really want the phone to give up
rather than try again? Especially after a reboot which might actually
fix some broken state in the wifi driver?

If the wifi driver is in a state where turning on wifi crashes my phone then wont persisting the setting before success cause my phone to boot-loop?

Maybe I've been burning to many ROMs but a weakest-link-takes-down-my-phone strategy seems bad as a systems default.

If we're going to have an async API (no opinion) then one of the advantages seems to me to be that we can be safe about only persisting known-good states.

.: Jan-Ivar :.