On 30 January 2015 at 20:10, Dietrich Ayala <auton...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What about dodgy network performance?
>
> A website-in-a-zip will be a single network request, which might perform
> far better under some network conditions than many network requests.

I'm not sure whether that's actually true, but one solution would be to be
able to populate a Service Worker cache from a hosted packaged version of a
collection of resources which you can get with one request. Populating a
cache from a package was one of the proposed use cases of the W3C TAG's
hosted package proposal [1].

People weren't that excited about the idea because HTTP/2 is supposed to
solve the problem of multiple network requests. One day.

Of course once the Service Worker cache is populated, it shouldn't be
effected by a dodgy network, that's one of the main problems it's designed
to overcome.

1. http://w3ctag.github.io/packaging-on-the-web/