Hi there,

This is something I wanted to investigate, with the aim of improving the MDN
docs, so I’ve moved it to a separate thread.

Fabrice said that the Mobile Network API (privileged) basically offers a
limited subset of the Mobile Connection API (certified). Does the stuff that
Mobile Network provides map exactly to the same stuff in Mobile Connection, or
are there other implementation differences besides?

Harald’s gist:

https://gist.github.com/digitarald/7829694

Shows an if…else used to fork between the older navigator.mozMobileConnection
and the newer navigator.mozMobileConnections (introduced to handle multiple
sims, right?), which seems ok. The mnc and mcc and grabbed via
mozMobileConnection.network.mnc/mcc, which are listed on

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/MozMobileNetworkInfo

However the mozMobileConnection doesn’t seem to list a network property:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/MozMobileConnection

It has a voice and data property which seem to do something similar?

It looks like the MDN information is out of date, and I need to do a bit of
investigation here to get things up to date again.

Where can I find the latest specs for the Mobile Connection and Mobile Network
APIs?

thanks!

Chris Mills
  Senior tech writer || Mozilla