AFAIK there are two ways to profile an app:

*'profile.sh'* - Build a custom B2G with the `MOZ_PROFILING=1` flag and use
`profile.sh` script in the B2G repo.

A very labour intensive process, taking hours to prepare for. The results
are hard to interpret, that only a few Gecko engineers seem to to be able
to derive meaning from.

*'Devtools*' - Use the devtools 'Performance' profiler via WebIDE.

Seems to crash the app being profiled and leaves the devtools unresponsive.

---

Am I missing something here? Happy to update MDN or provide material to
help others in the future once I have reached enlightenment :)

*W I L S O N  P A G E*

Front-end Developer
Firefox OS (Gaia)
London Office