We've been using web components in gaia for ages, and it's a super-useful
feature, even in its current state. I've been developing some components
for use in gaia apps, and unfortunately, I've not been able to find any
web-components shim that is compatible with them.

Guillaume came up with the idea of a custom manifest field to opt-in to our
web-components implementation - I think this would be great, what do others
think? Is there any really good reason we shouldn't do this? It seems a bit
lame to be withholding a core technology we use in the system apps from 3rd
parties.

--Chris