Hi all,

Earlier, Fabrice sent out a nice how-to guide for migrating your add-ons to
the new format [1]. Now I would like to tell you how to put these new
add-ons on the Hackerplace.

First, you will obviously need to update your code as specified in the
guide. I recommend hosting both the new add-on format and the old one in
the same repo on github pages. This means you will have two packages (zip
files) hosted there simultaneously. Here is a commit I did for my add-on
that does the trick [2].

Then you will need to submit the new package to the Hackerplace. For the
old Hackerplace, you would put your add-on on the list in apps.json [3].
Now, you simply add the new add-on to apps-v2.json [4], but specify the
update.manifest in the manifestURL field.

That's it! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Michael

1.) https://etherpad.mozilla.org/converting-fxos-addons
2.)