On Sun, 6 Aug 2017, Hans Hagen wrote:

On 8/5/2017 6:53 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Sat, 5 Aug 2017, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

:=  \colonequals
=:  \equalscolon

BTW, should we remove the definitions of \colonequals, \equalcolons, and \minuscolon from math-def.mkiv?
i'll comment them ... how about the others ..

Thanks.

\coloncolonequals can also be commented (it is 0x2A74). We can also create a mathpair for this.

* :: (0x3A, 0x3A) -> 0x2237
* ::- (0x2237, 0x2D) -> 0x2A74.

i can make them into virtual characters if needed .. or do they need to be added to unicode (given that we have proof of usage, in that case we can ask barbara)

I don't see the usage of other \colon... symbols (at least in my sub-field of mathematics). For consistency with others, we can convert them into virtual characters.

Aditya