Dear list,

[I accidentally discovered this issue when validating PDF/A documents
with veraPDF.]

I have the following sample:

    \nopdfcompression
    \setuptagging[state=start]
    \starttext
    \startTEXpage[offset=1em]
    \TeX
    \stopTEXpage
    \stoptext

The resulting PDF document contains a catalog with the entry "/MarkInfo
17 0 R". If compiled with betas up to 2017.10.15 12:29, the PDF object
reads:

    17 0 obj
    << /Marked true >>
    endobj

If compiled with betas starting from 2017.10.19 13:50, the PDF object is
empty:

    17 0 obj
    << >>
    endobj

Line 153 in lpdf-tag.lua was changed from its original content in beta
2017.10.15 12:29:

       Marked    = pdfboolean(true),

to the new content in beta 2017.10.19 13:50:

       Marked    = lpdf.majorversion == 1 and pdfboolean(true) or nil,

I wonder whether this may be related to the LuaTeX version. But this is
the newest version from the ConTeXt Suite for the Linux 32bit platform
(in beta from 17.10.19 13:50):

   This is LuajitTeX, Version 1.05.0 (TeX Live 2017)

Is this also an issue with more recent LuaTeX versions?

Sorry for asking this in the developers’ mailing list, but checking it
may be too technical for the standard mailing list.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk