Florian Winkler wrote:

> I tried to run mfcembed from the dist\bin directory and every time I
> select Edit->Profiles, the application crashes. I debuged it and found
> out that the profileService pointer is null, which means that the
> profile service was not prpertly retrieved. I also added a result code
> check, and it was an nsFailed. I checked the components directory in
> dist\bin and found out that profiles.dll is missing.
> I also tried to create the embedding distribution by running make in
> objdir\embedding\config, but in the dist\Embed there is also no trace of
> profile.dll.
>
> Does anyone have an idea, what this problem is? Why is profile.dll not
> compiled with firefox? profile.xpt is, by the way.

The old "profile service" was part of the Mozilla suite/seamonkey, and is
not used by Firefox or any toolkit applications.

Incidentally, mfcembed is a really bad starting point for embedding and the
code has been removed from the Mozilla trunk codebase. I strongly suggest
starting with either winembed or the activex control.

--BDS