> Chris, can you clarify whether Android would behave any differently to
> Desktop in this scenario?

Some noodling from my perspective:

We only support a single Firefox Account at present, just as with desktop.

There's no in-Gecko support for FxA at all -- it's all Java -- but I would be
very surprised if we would ever want to ship two separate login flows with the
correspondingly confusing experience: other parts of Firefox won't do their own
FxA login, they'll delegate to your existing native-handled FxA.

(According to the quote below, I should be surprised.)

So using your own FxA server will only work for so long as we force you to sign
in on the web for other stuff (like Marketplace).

As soon as we improve that experience to use your native account (just like how
Play Store uses your Google account without going through another signin
process), run-their-own-FxA users will be kinda screwed.

>> As far as Marketplace goes, logging into Marketplace via Desktop Firefox
>> will happen on the Web, which will be independent from your logged in state
>> for Sync
>
> Tangent: we should do a better job of clarifying this story and of
> telling it outside of the FxA/Marketplace group.

Yeah, I can't imagine that experience being satisfactory on Android. Even
signing in once with a phone keyboard is a pain in the ass, let alone 2+ times,
particularly when the user expects us to be able to do what *every other
account-based app* on Android does and just do it for you.

As a rule, we should be operating under the assumption that everything we ship
to GA on Android is native. That's the (very polished) experience with which we
have to compete, and in this case it's also part of the native apps/synthetic
APKs Marketplace story -- what identity will the background app updater use?