Hi dev-fxacct,

Context: I have been evaluating using an embedded WKWebView to sign in to a
Firefox Account for Sync as part of Firefox iOS.  I met with shane, zaach,
vladikoff, and ckarlof a few weeks ago for preliminary discussions.

tl;dr: it basically works and looks pretty good.

I have a preliminary set of asks that I would like comments on.  I
originally put them in the etherpad [1], but perhaps we can try for
discussion here first, and then move to github issues as things become more
clear.

* postMessage after the localization resources are fetched
I expect to load the content in the webview in the background, and then
show when the page has been painted.  I tried showing the webview during
load, but the latency is pretty bad -- between a  4 to 10 count on YVR
office WiFi.  Usually I would use "load", but I'm seeing that "load" is not
valuable because the content server XHRs (?) localization.  Therefore, I
need an "I'm painted" event, or some similar message.

* set <meta viewport>
- don't allow horizontal scroll at all
- don't allow pinch to zoom

* I want to tighten things up for phones:
- remove shadow frame for phones
- remove Firefox icon animated drop down (saves space, a resource fetch,
and it's not going to be visible due to staged loading described above)
- remove Mozilla wordmark from top right corner entirely
- tighten font size and vertical spacing for phones -- it's too big even on
my iPad mini (7")

* Prevent autocompletion when password field is "shown" (plaintext)

* Investigate two stage JavaScript loading to reduce initial load time

* Document behaviour around cookies and localStorage
I'm having trouble understanding when the user is "known".  Sometimes the
email address is filled and "Use different account" is shown.  We don't
have fine-grained control of the Browsing Context in our embedding webview,
and I'm not sure how much we want to share the context with the principle
browser context.  Understanding this would help.

Comments, UX feedback, or links to github issues would be appreciated.

Yours,
Nick

[1] https://id.etherpad.mozilla.org/fxa-content-server-on-ios