Hi All,

Last week we shipped FxA train-73 to production, with the following
highlights:

  * Lots more work on flow metrics events, including: events for sending
    and clicking through account verification emails, events for doing a
    password reset, finer-grained events for sign-in unblock, and a
    dedicated `flow.complete` event.

  * An important fix for our build pipeline to bring back subresource
    integrity tags on our javscript resources.

  * The content-server backend is now plugged into Sentry for collecting
    and reporting errors.

  * We replaced use of the `request` module with the smaller, simpler
    `got` module, which we're hoping will help eliminate high memory
    use on the content-server.

  * A great many fixes for flaky functional tests.

  * A substantial refactor of the view names and transition sequences
    in our front-end code, to avoid emitting duplicate metrics with
    the same name.

  * Several fixes to the new "devices view", including spiffy SVG icons,
    various sizing tweaks, and improved handling of blank device names.
    If you don't have any mobile devices connected, this view will now
    also help you get one connected.

  * Support for webchannel OAuth reliers has been removed.  This feature
    was used by Hello to get access to encryption keys, but with that
    service being decomissioned, we don't have any reason to keep it
    in our codebase.

  * We removed the button to open sync preferences after setting up
    sync; users were finding it very confusing in practice.

  * A big refactor of the way we deal with HTML escaping in our
    front-end templates. To include raw HTML you now have to use a
    new function `unsafeTranslate`, which only accepts variables whose
    name starts with `escaped`.  This will make it much harder for us
    to accidentally introduce an XSS vulnerability.

  * We no longer use the "crosstab" library, and instead rely on the
    builtin BroadcastChannel feature to share state across tabs.  This
    may result in a slightly degraded experience for a small percentage
    of our users who are on older versions of Firefox, but it yielded
    a significant decrease in code complexity.

  * The oauth-server has been updated to hapi 14, the final update that
    we have pending after the migration to node v4.

  * We now pass a "source_url" parameter with all subscription requests
    to Basket.

Special thanks also go to the following community contributors, who have
code shipping in this train:

  * Divya Biyani, who cleaned up the initialization code for auth
    brokers, got the "open in webmail" button working on the reset
    password page, and fixed up some styling issues in the devices view.

  * Brandon Ebersohl, who fixed up a very annoying stylistic issue with
    the ordering of ERRNO constants in the auth-server.

Thanks Divya and Brandon!

As always, you can find more details in the changelogs for each repo:

  https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-auth-server/blob/v1.73.1/CHANGELOG.md
  https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-content-server/blob/v0.73.1/CHANGELOG.md
  https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-oauth-server/blob/v0.73.0/CHANGELOG.md
  https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-profile-server/blob/v0.73.0/CHANGELOG.md
  https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-basket-proxy/blob/v0.73.0/CHANGELOG.md

There are also detailed PR metrics included below if you're interested.

  Cheers,

    Ryan

This train we are shipping work on the following features:

  * FxA-106: signin unblock:        3 PRs (now  29 / 32 =  91% complete)
  * FxA-108: update deps:           1 PRs (now  15 / 15 = 100% complete)
  * FxA-15: connected apps:         1 PRs (now   7 / 10 =  70% complete)
  * FxA-41: signin funnel metrics:  6 PRs (now  30 / 49 =  61% complete)
  * FxA-70: KPI dashboards:         1 PRs (now  27 / 30 =  90% complete)
  * FxA-89: devices view:           5 PRs (now  35 / 44 =  80% complete)

As well as 37 general quality improvements.